Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"If You're not FIRST You're LAST"


The army is full of acronyms and currently I get to experience one first hand. OCS ( Officer Candidate School) is the best officer commissioning source the Army has, of course there are others like ROTC or West Point but they do not come close to providing as great a leader.

Now that the OCS advertisement is over I can get on to whats going on with my life. I spent last night sleeping on the ground, only to have my earthen bed fill with a lovely stream of water. A note to anyone that has never camped out wilderness man style, you should NEVER bed down on the downward slope of a hill. Making matters worse the temperature was below 40 making my bones shiver under my skin. Other than that wonderful experience while taking my Night/Day Land Navigation test things have been going well.

My wife has a wonderful job now that she enjoys and because of that I am very happy even though I can't be there to physically listen to her school stories each day. It gives me peace of mind knowing she is happy and not as stressed while handling me being away.

Since I brought up my wife, I'll share more of my thoughts about her. She is a wonderful woman to start. I could not be happier knowing that I will spend the rest of my earthly life with someone that is so close and connected to me. There is happiness in just hearing her voice or reading a short simple text after a long day of work. I can't forget to mention just how intelligent she is along with how well we learn together as a couple. I would definitely challenge anyone to search out in life that one person that they can share their most intimate moments with through every season and every year.

Wrapping up, I have just a few short weeks left before I earn the coveted 2nd Lt. commission in the U.S. Army. I am excited to take on the responsibilities of an officer and continue to represent not only myself but my family as well in all that I do.

In closing I'll explain the title for the blog. The title is in reference to just how many obstacles I have had to overcome in order to fulfill my goals and dreams in life. Though always a challenge I understand that they are in place to show others as well as myself that I am determined in everything I do.

Now back to the field for 2 weeks...till then be safe and have fun.


1 comment:

  1. I'm truly honored by what you said. :) You are doing great, and it really isn't that much longer!

    ReplyDelete