Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Graduation-The Gold Bar-A New Start

Yesterday the final box was checked on the list of requirements that must be completed in order to graduate from OCS. Scoring 271 on the point scale out of a possible 300 secured my place on stage for graduation on April 8th. Looking back at all of the training and academics the hardest most emotionally challenging aspect of OCS as I have stated before being away from my wife after being married only a month. Rebecca has endured the challenge as well and the result is we now have an even stronger relationship. After graduation I go on to Infantry Officer School along with the possibility of attending Airborne and Ranger schools. Considering everything I decided it would be best for us to be together again as soon as possible so I'm moving Rebecca to Fort Benning. I may only get to see her on the weekends while in Infantry School but anytime is better than no time at all. I love her....
On April 8th I will be referred to in the enlisted world simply as Sir. Being greeted as Sir is the tradition showing respect to an officer and I plan to do my best to deserve such. My new career starts and only God knows where it will take me but I'm sure everything will be great with my wife by my side. I hope that I can inspire someone some day to do what I have done and not give up on a dream.

2 comments:

  1. Well done!!! You have worked so hard. As Garland said when I emailed him that you had passed everything, Waa-hoo!!! See you on graduation day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everything about who you are is shining through in these challenges. I am beyond happy with all you have done and I am thankful that we will be able to be with each other.

    ReplyDelete